Tarangire Ndovu Tented Lodge
This tented lodge in Tarangire offers expansive views of the African savanna with huge baobab trees as the backdrop. The property is open all year round. Large herds of elephants travel between the Manyara-Tarangire corridor and through this region in search of perennial sources of water especially during the dry season. You will find well-lit pathways connecting the rooms to the common area. Guests enjoy sitting under the thatched roof or spending time near the swimming pool enjoying a delicious snack.
- Single Room - USD 242 per night
- Double Room - USD 397 per night
- Triple Room - USD 472 per night
- Double Room + Double Room - USD 797 per night
- Double Room + Triple Room - USD 869 per night
- Double Room + Double Room + Double Room - USD 1195 per night
- Triple Room + Double Room + Double Room - USD 1265 per night
In addition to park fees of Tarangire national park, a statutory fees (Concession fees) of $47.2 per person per night will be applicable for staying at this accommodation.
Located in the northern end of Tarangire national park, the tented lodge is 1 hour away from the entrance gate.
Staying at Tarangire Ndovu Tented Lodge
12 suites (including 10 standard, and 2 x 2 bedroom interconnected family suites).
Each tent is 20mx8m with wooden flooring and canvas tented roofs. The entrance has loveseats and table to give an open view, followed by sliding glass doors that lead into a room designed to match with the aesthetic hues of the surroundings. The beddings are clean and comfortable with cotton sheets, mosquito nets, soft pillows, bed runners and duvets. There is a mat, chair, desk, side tables, bench seat and local imagery. The en-suite bathrooms have a polished floor with wardrobe, shower, robes, toilet and terracotta basin. The lighting is solar powered and there are power plugs for charging your devices in the bedrooms as well as the main room.
The rooms and the campgrounds offer amazing views of sunrise with animals such as elephants and giraffes roaming around the room. The main area overlooking the savanna plains is great to relax and enjoy your food while getting good views of the park and the surrounding wildlife.
Surrounding wilderness level
Good - You are in the middle of wilderness and have wildlife coming very close to camp and you might get to see wildlife from your rooms/campgrounds and most likely you can hear wildlife through the night.
Food (based on clients feedback)
The food has been rated well by most clients. You can enjoy your meals on the porch, near the swimming pool or the main dining area.
- Potential for disabled guests
- Solar & generator power
- Battery-charging facilities
- Swimming pool
- Outdoor fireplace
- Bush lunch and Bush dinner
- Night game drive
- Private sundowner
Watch out for
- Do not roam alone, especially after dark.
- Make sure the 4x4 vehicles are operative before heading out for night game drives.
- Carry bug sprays at all times.
Location on map
Drive time from points of interest
- From Tarangire gate - 1 hr
- From Lake Manyara gate - 2 hr
- From Karatu - 2 hr 45 min
- From Ngorongoro gate (lodoare) - 3 hr 5 min
- From Ngorongoro crater floor - 3 hr 45 min
- From Serengeti gate (Naabi hill) - 5 hr
- From Central Serengeti (Seronera) - 6 hr
- From Arusha city center - 3 hr 15 min
- From Kilimanjaro airport - 4 hr 15 min
We use equipment of international standards & our guides are trained in First aid & personal protection equipment
We reward our staff based on your feedback & that results in all of us working towards making your trip memorable
Our guides are trained to pay attention to each clients requirements & situation & customize the program accordingly
Once a tour is booked, its guaranteed to go, even if there is only single client for the entire trip
Book by paying advance by card on our website. Balance can be paid upon arrival, before the tour
Our minimum requirement for operation is only one client. So we can offer the tour any day of the year for you