Ang’ata Tarangire Camp
Ang’ata Tarangire Camp opened in 2016 is set up in the heart of Tarangire national park. It is located about 5 km away from the Silale Swamp Plains which is a grazing ground for large herds of elephants. The camp offers different varieties of food depending upon the dietary requirements of guests.
- Single Room - USD 317 per night
- Double Room - USD 371 per night
- Triple Room - USD 490 per night
- Double Room + Double Room - USD 741 per night
- Double Room + Triple Room - USD 861 per night
- Double Room + Double Room + Double Room - USD 1111 per night
- Triple Room + Double Room + Double Room - USD 1231 per night
In addition to park fees of Tarangire national park, a statutory fees (Camping fees) of $59 to $71 per person per night will be applicable for staying at this accommodation.
Located inside Tarangire national park, the property is just 1 km away from Kuro airstrip.
Staying at Ang’ata Tarangire Camp
There are a total of 8 tented camps including 2 family tents. There are twin beds, double beds or triple beds available as per request. The family room has 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a living room.
The tented rooms have en-suite bathroom facilities with showers, a flush toilet and a desk. The beds are comfortable in all the rooms and there is light in both the room and the bathroom.
Surrounded by Tarangire grasslands on all sides, you will get a 180 degree view of Tarangire Hill. You might get to see and hear animals like giraffes, zebras, oryx, elephants, lion prides and tree climbing pythons close to the camp. During night time, you might see the glaring red eyes of hyenas as you direct your flashlight into the distance, on the way from the dining tent to your room. The sunset views are equally mesmerizing.
Surrounding wilderness level
Good - You are in the middle of wilderness and have wildlife coming very close to camp and you might get to see wildlife from your rooms/campgrounds and most likely you can hear wildlife through the night.
Food (based on clients feedback)
The food has been rated well by most clients with delicious breakfast, lunch and dinner. 3 course meals are served for both hot lunch and dinner. You may get the opportunity to taste local African cuisines as well sometimes.
- Wi-Fi in the common area(s).
- Bar / lounge
- Mosquito net
- Laundry service
- Bush meals
- Night game drives
Watch out for
- Wi-Fi and charging stations are found only in the main tents as the camp is solar powered.
- Do not roam alone at night. You will be amidst active wildlife.
Location on map
Drive time from points of interest
- From Tarangire gate - 1 hr 20 min
- From Lake Manyara gate - 2 hr 20 min
- From Karatu - 3 hr 5 min
- From Arusha city center - 3 hr 15 min
- From Kilimanjaro airport - 4 hr 15 min
- From Ngorongoro gate (lodoare) - 4 hr 25 min
- From Ngorongoro crater floor - 5 hr 5 min
- From Serengeti gate (Naabi hill) - 5 hr 20 min
- From Central Serengeti (Seronera) - 6 hr 20 min
We use equipment of international standards & our guides are trained in First aid & personal protection equipment
We reward our staff based on your feedback & that results in all of us working towards making your trip memorable
Our guides are trained to pay attention to each clients requirements & situation & customize the program accordingly
Once a tour is booked, its guaranteed to go, even if there is only single client for the entire trip
Book by paying advance by card on our website. Balance can be paid upon arrival, before the tour
Our minimum requirement for operation is only one client. So we can offer the tour any day of the year for you