Sangaiwe Tented Lodges
Overlooking Lake Burunge, the tented lodge is located near the new Sangaiwe gate of Tarangire National Park. A part of Bougainvillea Group of Lodges, who have had immense experience in enhancing Tanzanian tourism activities, Sangaiwe Tented Lodge offers great service and fresh food. There is also a swimming pool where you can relax after a long day.
In addition to park fees of Tarangire national park, a statutory fees (WMA fees) of $29.5 per person per night will be applicable for staying at this accommodation.
Located outside Tarangire National Park in a Wildlife Management Area. The main gate of Tarangire national park is about an hour's drive while the new Sangaiwe gate is just 5 minutes away from the tented lodge.
Staying at Sangaiwe Tented Lodges
Each tent has twin or double beds. This includes the family tents with interconnected rooms. The family cottages have two bedrooms with one twin room and one double room joined by a common sitting area.
The rooms are located high up in the trees (on stilts). They provide comfortable beds with good spacing inside- the room.
Luxury tents (18) - twin or double bed - writing desk - indoor and outdoor seating - space for luggage
Family tents (2) - twin or double bed - writing desk - indoor and outdoor seating - space for luggage
Family cottage (2) - 2 rooms interconnected - 1 with twin bed, 1 with double bed - each room has its own veranda - common sitting area - en suite facilities
The private balconies offer beautiful views of the Rift Valley, Lake Burunge and the park itself.
Since the property is on a hillside, it offers vast, panoramic views from the deck in the dining room as well.
The view of sunrise from the porch is quite beautiful while the night sky tells its own beautiful fables. You can sometimes hear wild animals after dark.
Surrounding wilderness level
Moderate - This side of the park has more bushes and thickets so you do not find as much wildlife as compared to the other side near the main gate, but you might still see lions, cheetahs, elephants, gazelles and different species of birds. From the camp, you can take a guided tour early in the morning towards the top of the hill which is just 8 minutes away and see different animals in the park below. You might also hear hyenas howling and lions roaring in the night.
Food (based on clients feedback)
Most of the clients have given very good reviews on the food. They serve different varieties for vegetarians as well. On special occasions like birthdays, cake and wine is served.
- Wi-Fi in common area(s)
- Swimming Pool
- Solar power
- Large Thatched Common Area
- Viewing Patio
Watch out for
- The tents are spaced, starting from the lower side which is near the main lodge, going up to the upper side of the hill. For some people, especially those who are aged or have lesser stamina, it may be a bit exhausting to climb if you don’t get a tent down below.
- If you plan on entering through the main gate, it will take at least an hour to reach the lodge, and even more time to reach the center of the park which is rich in the different species of wildlife. But if you decide to enter the new Sangaiwe gate, it just takes 5 minutes to unload yourself at the property.
- The camp is solar powered. So you can expect it to be dark at night.
- Only the main lodge has a good Wi-Fi signal.
Location on map
Drive time from points of interest
- From Tarangire main entrance gate - 1 hr
- From Lake Manyara gate - 1 hr 30 min
- From Karatu - 2 hr 15 min
- From Ngorongoro gate (lodoare) - 2 hr 30 min
- From Ngorongoro crater floor - 3 hr 10 min
- From Arusha city center - 2 hr 45 min
- From Kilimanjaro airport - 3 hr 45 min
- From Serengeti gate (Naabi hill) - 4 hr 30 min
- From Central Serengeti (Seronera) - 5 hr 30 min
We use equipment of international standards & our guides are trained in First aid & personal protection equipment
We reward our staff based on your feedback & that results in all of us working towards making your trip memorable
Our guides are trained to pay attention to each clients requirements & situation & customize the program accordingly
Once a tour is booked, its guaranteed to go, even if there is only single client for the entire trip
Book by paying advance by card on our website. Balance can be paid upon arrival, before the tour
Our minimum requirement for operation is only one client. So we can offer the tour any day of the year for you