Karatu Simba Lodge
Situated in the Tanzanian countryside, the lodge is deep inside Karatu farmlands bordering Ngorongoro forest area. As you make your way towards your destination, you will be greeted with fields of wheat, legumes, barley, sunflower, beans and corn. They change colour with the season, emanating beautiful hues of vibrancy. The property accommodates rondavels with en-suite facilities, a bar and dining area, pool and evening campfire. Being an eco-friendly space, it runs on solar power.
- Single Room - USD 167 per night
- Double Room - USD 307 per night
- Triple Room - USD 459 per night
- Double Room + Double Room - USD 613 per night
- Double Room + Triple Room - USD 765 per night
- Double Room + Double Room + Double Room - USD 920 per night
- Triple Room + Double Room + Double Room - USD 1072 per night
The lodge is just 4 km off the main road leading to the entrance gate of Ngorongoro Conservation Area.
It is only 30 minutes away from the entrance gate of Lake Manyara national park.
Staying at Karatu Simba Lodge
There are individual twin, double and triple sharing rooms available.
There are rondavels with solid canvas walls, bathrooms with shower and solar water heating, comfortable beds with mosquito nets, furniture made of African hardwood and simple decorations using local fabric. There is a private deck in every room offering wonderful views.
The private decks in every room offer amazing views of the fields, forests and distant hills. You may find wild animals such as baboons in the field. The sunset views are much loved by guests. The swimming pool overlooks the forest.
Surrounding wilderness level
Moderate - You are still in the wilderness but the amount of wildlife around the camp is not quite high and you might not get to hear them through the night on all days.
Food (based on clients feedback)
The food has been rated well by most clients. There are special diet menus as well as kids’ menus available.
- Car hire
- Mosquito net
- Sun terrace
- 24-hour front desk
- Outdoor pool
- Bar / lounge
- Kid-friendly buffet
- Kids' meals
- Special diet menus
- Private check-in / check-out
- Laundry service
Watch out for
- Wi-Fi is only available in the main building. If your room is nearby, you may catch the signal.
- You will be taking a dirt road to reach the lodge. It may be a bumpy ride.
Location on map
Drive time from points of interest
- From Karatu - 30 min
- From Lake Manyara gate - 30 min
- From Ngorongoro gate (lodoare) - 45 min
- From Ngorongoro crater floor - 1 hr 25 min
- From Tarangire gate - 2 hr 10 minutes
- From Arusha city center - 2 hr 35 min
- From Kilimanjaro airport - 3 hr 35 min
- From Serengeti gate (Naabi hill) - 3 hr 25 min
- From Central Serengeti (Seronera) - 4 hr 25 min
We use equipment of international standards & our guides are trained in First aid & personal protection equipment
We reward our staff based on your feedback & that results in all of us working towards making your trip memorable
Our guides are trained to pay attention to each clients requirements & situation & customize the program accordingly
Once a tour is booked, its guaranteed to go, even if there is only single client for the entire trip
Book by paying advance by card on our website. Balance can be paid upon arrival, before the tour
Our minimum requirement for operation is only one client. So we can offer the tour any day of the year for you