Marera Valley Lodge
This lodge in Karatu is placed on a well groomed property with gardens and walkways connecting different buildings. The guest rooms promise poise and elegance while the main building has an indoor as well as an outdoor seating area to take in the fresh breeze and enjoy the surrounding views. You may enjoy a drink in the bar here while warming yourself around the fireplace or have a sumptuous lunch in the dining area. There is also a gift shop to buy souvenirs for loved ones.
- Single Room - USD 121 per night
- Double Room - USD 221 per night
- Triple Room - USD 288 per night
- Double Room + Double Room - USD 441 per night
- Double Room + Triple Room - USD 509 per night
- Double Room + Double Room + Double Room - USD 662 per night
- Triple Room + Double Room + Double Room - USD 730 per night
Located at the edge of Karatu, the lodge can easily access the main road and is close to the village of Rhotia. It is 13 km away from Manyara airport.
Staying at Marera Valley Lodge
There are twin rooms, double rooms, triple sharing and family rooms available.
There are 28 cottages with large comfortable beds, mosquito nets, coffee/tea making facilities, wardrobe, fireplace, writing desk, seating area, ample space, and a private veranda. The bathrooms have en-suite facilities with shower gel, solar hot water, towels, shampoo and conditioner.
The private verandas in every room offer wonderful views of the organic vegetable garden and the surrounding hills while listening to birds chirping pleasantly. The main building has an outdoor seating area where you can enjoy views of the outdoor pool as well as the rolling green hills.
Surrounding wilderness level
None - This accommodation is not in the wilderness so do not expect to see/hear any wildlife during your time at this place.
Food (based on clients feedback)
The food has been rated well by most clients. The dishes are prepared from the produce in their own organic garden or the nearby plantations.
- Free internet
- Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly)
- Mosquito net
- Laundry service
- Outdoor pool
- Bar / lounge
- Private veranda
- Evening campfire
Watch out for
- The lodge is outside so the entrance gate of the parks may be fairly nearby but it will take some time to reach areas with more wildlife concentration.
- Wi-Fi is only available in the main areas.
Location on map
Drive time from points of interest
- From Karatu - 15 min
- From Ngorongoro gate (lodoare) - 30 min
- From Ngorongoro crater floor - 1 hr 10 min
- From Lake Manyara gate - 35 min
- From Tarangire gate - 1 hr 35 minutes
- From Serengeti gate (Naabi hill) - 3 hr 10 min
- From Central Serengeti (Seronera) - 4 hr 10 min
- From Arusha city center - 3 hr 10 min
- From Kilimanjaro airport - 4 hr 10 min
We use equipment of international standards & our guides are trained in First aid & personal protection equipment
We reward our staff based on your feedback & that results in all of us working towards making your trip memorable
Our guides are trained to pay attention to each clients requirements & situation & customize the program accordingly
Once a tour is booked, its guaranteed to go, even if there is only single client for the entire trip
Book by paying advance by card on our website. Balance can be paid upon arrival, before the tour
Our minimum requirement for operation is only one client. So we can offer the tour any day of the year for you