Nimali Tarangire Camp
Located amidst acres of private land on the outskirts of Tarangire, the tented lodge has been designed to match the natural environment. All the tents are surrounded by baobab and acacia trees alongside a riverbed. There are private decks to enjoy the stunning views of African lands and wildlife. The spacious lounge and library is laid with numerous safari books. There is also a swimming pool overlooking the waterhole (you can have breakfast here) plus a dining area matching a traditional boma (Maasai home).
- Single Room - USD 667 per night
- Double Room - USD 889 per night
- Double Room + Double Room - USD 1777 per night
- Double Room + Double Room + Double Room - USD 2667 per night
In addition to park fees of Tarangire national park, a statutory fees (WMA fees) of $29.5 per person per night will be applicable for staying at this accommodation.
Outside the eastern border of Tarangire, in a Wildlife Management Area, the property takes 2.5 hours from Arusha. Guests can also opt to fly to Kuro airstrip from Arusha or book a private charter to WMA Randelien airstrip which is just 15 minutes game drive away.
Staying at Nimali Tarangire Camp
There are 10 private rooms with en-suite facilities.
Built on stone platforms, the suites are a mix of contemporary and earthly decor. There is a double basin with vanity, shower, wooden doors, separate bathroom walls, a reading corner, writing desk and charging points.
Every room has an open deck overlooking the riverbed. It is often visited by wild animals to quench their thirst. You might find elephants, zebras, antelopes and many more. The open ended lounge/main area has comfortable chairs to enjoy the breeze and vast plains. The outdoor dining area is great for having a candlelight dinner around a bonfire. You may sometimes hear hyenas nearby but there is an armed ranger standing guard in case there is an attack. The outdoor campfire area with comfortable sofas is great to enjoy the setting sun while sipping a glass of wine. The swimming pool is another main attraction where you can rest and enjoy the open views of African bush, baobab and acacia trees.
Surrounding wilderness level
Good - You are in the middle of wilderness and have wildlife coming very close to camp and you might get to see wildlife from your rooms/campgrounds and most likely you can hear wildlife through the night.
Food (based on clients feedback)
The food has been rated good and delicious by most clients.
- Wi-Fi in common area(s)
- Swimming Pool
- Plunge Pool (in Family Suites)
- Mosquito net
- Laundry service
- Mini Bar in the tents
- Night game drive
- Community visits & projects
- Champagne bush breakfast
- Bush lunch/dinner
Watch out for
- Small animals may jump at the outer roof of the tent. Do not be alarmed. It is a part of being in the wild.
- There are no fences. Do not walk alone at night.
- There are no phones. Just switch the flashlight on outside the tent window or door and an escort will appear.
Location on map
Drive time from points of interest
- From Tarangire gate - 15 min
- From Lake Manyara gate - 1 hr 15 min
- From Karatu - 2 hr
- From Ngorongoro gate (lodoare) - 2 hr 20 min
- From Ngorongoro crater floor - 3 hr
- From Serengeti gate (Naabi hill) - 4 hr 15 min
- From Central Serengeti (Seronera) - 5 hr 15 min
- From Arusha city center - 2 hr 30 min
- From Kilimanjaro airport - 3 hr 30 min
We use equipment of international standards & our guides are trained in First aid & personal protection equipment
We reward our staff based on your feedback & that results in all of us working towards making your trip memorable
Our guides are trained to pay attention to each clients requirements & situation & customize the program accordingly
Once a tour is booked, its guaranteed to go, even if there is only single client for the entire trip
Book by paying advance by card on our website. Balance can be paid upon arrival, before the tour
Our minimum requirement for operation is only one client. So we can offer the tour any day of the year for you