Lake Manyara Tortilis Camp
Located at the foot of the Great Rift Valley escarpment inside Lake Manyara national park, Lake Manyara Tortilis Camp offers a row of tents with beautiful views of Lake Manyara and a great glamping experience. So put your legs up, sit back and relax as you succumb to game watching. Staying here between the months of December and June is a plus as you will get to see more activities around the lake.
- Single Room - USD 115 per night
- Double Room - USD 229 per night
- Triple Room - USD 343 per night
- Double Room + Double Room - USD 458 per night
- Double Room + Triple Room - USD 572 per night
- Double Room + Double Room + Double Room - USD 687 per night
- Triple Room + Double Room + Double Room - USD 801 per night
In addition to park fees of Lake Manyara national park, a statutory fees (Camping fees) of $59 to $71 per person per night will be applicable for staying at this accommodation.
Located at the western side of the lake, the accommodation is at the heart of Lake Manyara national park at a distance of just 11km from Manyara airport.
Staying at Lake Manyara Tortilis Camp
There are king-sized beds or twin beds available. You will be provided with an additional bed in case you are traveling with children.
There are a total of 10 safari themed tents with local authentic decor and en-suite facilities such as a toilet, shower and hand basin. They are all spacious with clean beddings and bathroom areas.
All the rooms and the restaurant offer amazing views of the lake and the wildlife surrounding it. The space in front of the rooms with its chairs, sofas and the partial opening to view the lake and its many creatures like hippos, elephants, buffaloes, ibis, eagles, flamingoes etc is quite exceptional and gives the true feeling of being amidst African wildlife while being protected from bugs such as Tse Tse flies that can be a bit of a nuisance. The view of sunrise over the lake is exceptionally beautiful.
Surrounding wilderness level
Good - You are in the middle of wilderness and have wildlife coming very close to camp and you might get to see wildlife from your rooms/campgrounds and most likely you can hear wildlife through the night.
Food (based on clients feedback)
The food has been rated well by most clients. There are special diet menus available.
- Bar / lounge
- Mosquito net
- Outdoor fireplace
- Laundry service
- Kid-friendly buffet
- Special diet menus
- Seating area
- Bush lunch
Watch out for
- Sometimes, the internet can be a bit slow.
- Do not go out alone in the dark. You will be accompanied by a guide to the dining area/main area.
Location on map
Drive time from points of interest
- From Lake Manyara gate - 35 min
- From Karatu - 1 hr 20 min
- From Tarangire gate - 1 hr 35 min
- From Ngorongoro gate (lodoare) - 1 hr 40 min
- From Ngorongoro crater floor - 2 hr 20 min
- From Arusha city center - 2 hr 50 min
- From Kilimanjaro airport - 3 hr 50 min
- From Serengeti gate (Naabi hill) - 4 hr 5 min
- From Central Serengeti (Seronera) - 5 hr 5 min
We use equipment of international standards & our guides are trained in First aid & personal protection equipment
We reward our staff based on your feedback & that results in all of us working towards making your trip memorable
Our guides are trained to pay attention to each clients requirements & situation & customize the program accordingly
Once a tour is booked, its guaranteed to go, even if there is only single client for the entire trip
Book by paying advance by card on our website. Balance can be paid upon arrival, before the tour
Our minimum requirement for operation is only one client. So we can offer the tour any day of the year for you