Tarangire Safari Lodge
The safari tents have authentic wooden decor with a touch of local textiles. The outdoor terrace is a major highlight which overlooks the Tarangire river and offers good views of the wildlife. You can also dive into the swimming pool or go shopping in the Baobab Boutique which has a wide variety of handcrafted items reverberating the local Tanzanian culture and supporting their community.
- Single Room - USD 179 to USD 313 per night
- Double Room - USD 239 to USD 501 per night
- Triple Room - USD 359 to USD 754 per night
In addition to park fees of Tarangire national park, a statutory fees (Concession fees) of $47.2 per person per night will be applicable for staying at this accommodation.
Located inside the northern side of Tarangire national park, the lodge is just a 20 minutes drive from the entrance gate of Tarangire.
Staying at Tarangire Safari Lodge
There are about 35 tents and 5 bungalows consisting of twin rooms, double rooms, and triple rooms.
The rooms have been designed such that they offer an open view of the wildlife and savanna plains. They are made of thatched roof with mesh windows. The twin rooms offer an experience of night under canvas while the triple or family rooms have solid walls made of local stone aligning with Maasai bomas.
The rooms offer open views of savanna plains, the river and animals like dik-diks, elephants and giraffes from the veranda. You might also hear lions and hyenas roaring in the night. If lucky, you will find them right outside the camp! The lounge area with its outdoor terrace offers splendid views of the river/ waterhole and the Tarangire wildlife who come there to quench their thirst.
Surrounding wilderness level
Good - You are in the middle of wilderness and have wildlife coming very close to camp and you might get to see wildlife from your rooms/campgrounds and most likely you can hear wildlife through the night.
Food (based on clients feedback)
The food has been rated well by most clients. You will get the opportunity to try local African cuisines.
- Wi-Fi in common area(s)
- Swimming Pool
- Bar & lounge
- Gift shop
- Outdoor furniture
- Laundry service
- Bush walks
- Night game drives
- Private sundowner
Watch out for
- Bugs in the room and lodge surroundings, so please carry bug spray.
- Wi-Fi is strong in the dining area. You may not be able to access it in other areas of the lodge.
- Since the lodge is solar powered, there are particular timings for electricity.
- The charging facilities are provided in the bar area alone when the electricity is running. Once it is switched off, you will have to rely on battery operated devices and consult the staff with the details of what can be charged.
- It can get chilly during the night and early morning. So, please bring jackets.
Location on map
Drive time from points of interest
- From Tarangire gate - 20 min
- From Lake Manyara gate - 1 hr 25 min
- From Karatu - 2 hr
- From Ngorongoro gate (lodoare) - 2 hr 15 min
- From Ngorongoro crater floor - 3 hr 30 min
- From Serengeti gate (Naabi hill) - 4 hr 20 min
- From Central Serengeti (Seronera) - 5 hr 10 min
- From Arusha city center - 2 hr 20 min
- From Kilimanjaro airport - 3 hr 10 min
We use equipment of international standards & our guides are trained in First aid & personal protection equipment
We reward our staff based on your feedback & that results in all of us working towards making your trip memorable
Our guides are trained to pay attention to each clients requirements & situation & customize the program accordingly
Once a tour is booked, its guaranteed to go, even if there is only single client for the entire trip
Book by paying advance by card on our website. Balance can be paid upon arrival, before the tour
Our minimum requirement for operation is only one client. So we can offer the tour any day of the year for you