Day 0: Pre-trek Briefing
If you have opted for the optional airport transfers, we will pick you up from Kilimanjaro Airport or Arusha airport and transfer you to your hotel in Arusha. Pre-trek briefing at your Arusha hotel. You should be planning to arrive at least one day before the start of the trek. Today we will spend the day having a pre-trek briefing. We will also review your equipment and rent any equipment which is needed at a local shop.
Day 1: Hotel to Momella gate to Miriakamba Hut
Drive from Arusha to Momella Gate takes about 1 hour and 30 minutes. Once at the gate we will finish all the procedures and depart for the trek. The trek takes you through places from where you can catch breathtaking views of Mount Kilimanjaro and the renowned Momella lakes. Trekkers encounter wildlife like Bushbucks, Cape Buffaloes, Giraffes, and Warthogs during this day. We continue a short distance until we reach the Miriakamba hut.
Elevation: 1500m/4921ft to 2500m/8202ft
Hiking Time: 4-5 hours
Meals: Lunch and Dinner
Day 2: Miriakamba Hut to Saddle Hut
Today we trek through the steep path along the ridge of the saddle. On the way, you can witness the stunning Meru crater, the ash cone, and little Meru. There are chances of us encountering wildlife like Cape Buffaloes and the black and white Colobus monkey. We will end the trek up at Saddle hut. Once you have settled at the camp we will set off on a short trek to little Meru (3810m) for acclimatization purpose and return to Saddle hut.
Elevation: 2500m/8202ft to 3500m/11483ft
Hiking Time: 4-5 hours
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
Day 3: Saddle Hut to Summit to Miriakamba Hut to Momella gate
We wake up just after midnight and have a light meal to keep our energies high. Once done with the meal we start the final ascent to Socialist Peak. This ascent will be steep and we will be making our way through gravel and rocky cliffs. This is the most mentally and physically challenging portion of the trek. Once at the summit, you will enjoy the magnificent views of the Meru Crater and the Ash cone. There are chances that one might catch a glimpse of wildlife like mountain Reedbucks and Klipspringers over the rocky ridge.
From the summit, we begin our descent by continuing straight down to the Miriakamba hut.
Elevation: 3500m/11483ft to 4562m/14967ft down to 1500m/4921ft
Hiking Time: 13-14 hours
Meals: Breakfast and Lunch
All transfers to the mountain and back to your Arusha hotel
Professional, experienced, mountain guides
Guides, Porters, Cook salaries and park fees
Accommodation in wooden dormitory style huts
Emergency Oxygen Cylinder
All meals while on the Mountain
Quality Mess tents with table and chairs
Large portions of fresh, healthy, nutritious food
Clean, purified drinking water
Conservation fees (part of park fees)
Camping fees (part of park fees)
Rescue fees (part of park fees)
VAT (18% charged by the Government)
International and domestic flights
Hotel (available as an optional addon)
Transfers (available as an optional addon)
Personal trekking equipment such as sleepings bags, hiking boots, clothes, etc (available for renting)
Tips and gratuities
Personal Expenses (e.g. laundry, telephone, beverages, etc.)
Meals not listed in the itinerary
Liquors, beers and bottled beverages
Surcharge for online payment of advance and balance (5% on each payment)
- Deposit is 10% of the total booking amount.
- Deposit can be paid either via a bank transfer or an online card payment.
- A 5% fee is applicable on all card payments (payment gateway charges), this is non-refundable.
- We offer bank accounts in 10 different currencies for bank transfer.
- Once you make the advance payment you will receive a booking confirmation.
- Balance can be paid via bank transfer, online card payment, or with cash.
- Bank payment can be done 15 days prior to the tour date (recommended 30 days prior).
- Card Payment can be done 1 day prior to the tour date (recommended 7 days prior).
- A 5% fee is applicable on all card payments (payment gateway charge), this is non-refundable.
- Cash can be paid on arrival (USD printed in or after the year 2009).
8 days and above departure
- No cancellation fees.
0 to 7 days before departure
- 50% of the total tour price will be charged as cancellation fees.
- Trek can be postponed to any new date without any extra cost at any point in time.
- The 5% surcharge paid for either or both advance and balance payments is non-refundable in case of cancellation of the trek.
Available discounts for Meru - 3 days
Code: RESTAN - USD 80 per person
Code: EAC - USD 268 per person
Please find below the prices for organizing a private trek. The prices are based on your group size.
- Solo Trekker - USD 823 per person
- Group of 2 - USD 777 per person
- Group of 3 - USD 729 per person
- Group of 4 - USD 713 per person
- Group of 5 - USD 709 per person
- Group of 6 - USD 706 per person
- Group of 7 - USD 698 per person
- Group of 8 - USD 697 per person
- Group of 9 - USD 696 per person
- Group of 10 and above - USD 690 per person
We use equipment of international standards & our guides are trained in First aid & personal protection equipment
We reward our staff based on your feedback & that results in all of us working towards making your trip memorable
Our guides are trained to pay attention to each clients requirements & situation & customize the program accordingly
Once a tour is booked, its guaranteed to go, even if there is only single client for the entire trip
Book by paying advance by card on our website. Balance can be paid upon arrival, before the tour
Our minimum requirement for operation is only one client. So we can offer the tour any day of the year for you