Day 1: Hike to Mandara Hut and back to park gate
After breakfast at your hotel, you will meet your guide, drive to the Kilimanjaro National Park Gate (about 1 hour), register and commence the climb. Walk through the rainforest to the Mandara encampment. A side trip to Maundi Crater is a good way to see the surroundings including Northern Tanzania and Kenya. In the rain-forest, look for towering Eucalyptus trees, bird life, and Colobus monkeys.
After lunch, hike back to park gate and drive back to Moshi.
Elevation: 1860m/6100ft to 2700m/8875ft
Hiking Time: 3-4 hours up / 2-3 hours down
Habitat: Montane Forest
National Park gate fees
Transport from Moshi to starting point on mountain and return to Moshi
Certified, experienced, English-speaking guide
International and domestic flights
Hotel (available as an optional addon)
Transfers (available as an optional addon)
Personal trekking equipment such as sleepings bags, hiking boots, clothes, etc (available for renting)
Tips and gratuities
Personal Expenses (e.g. laundry, telephone, beverages, etc.)
Meals not listed in the itinerary
Liquors, beers and bottled beverages
Surcharge for online payment of advance and balance (5% on each payment)
We offer the following hotel options
- Lindrin Lodge (Single Room) - USD 46 per night
- Lindrin Lodge (Double Room) - USD 61 per night
- Lindrin Lodge (Triple Room) - USD 98 per night
- Keys Hotel (Single Room) - USD 69 per night
- Keys Hotel (Double Room) - USD 94 per night
- Keys Hotel (Triple Room) - USD 122 per night
- Parkview Inn (Single Room) - USD 81 per night
- Parkview Inn (Double Room) - USD 91 per night
- Parkview Inn (Triple Room) - USD 170 per night
- Kilimanjaro Wonders (Single Room) - USD 140 per night
- Kilimanjaro Wonders (Double Room) - USD 160 per night
Please note that if any hotel is booked out or is otherwise unavailable, we will book you in an alternate equivalent hotel.
If you are booking a hotel directly, please do check with us before booking, to make sure we can meet you and pick you up from the hotel.
We offer the following addons to your gear
- Private Toilet - USD 100
- Private Tent - USD 5 per day
We offer the following transfer options
- Kilimanjaro Airport (JRO) to Moshi (one way) - USD 40 per vehicle
- Moshi to Kilimanjaro Airport (JRO) (one way) - USD 40 per vehicle
- Arusha to Moshi (one way) - USD 80 per vehicle
- Moshi to Arusha (one way) - USD 80 per vehicle
Prices for a Private Trek
Please find below the prices for organising a private trek. The prices are based on your group size.
- Solo Trekker - USD 259 per person
- Group of 2 - USD 213 per person
- Group of 3 - USD 209 per person
- Group of 4 - USD 204 per person
- Group of 5 - USD 200 per person
- Group of 6 - USD 195 per person
- Group of 7 - USD 195 per person
- Group of 8 - USD 190 per person
- Group of 9 - USD 190 per person
- Group of 10 and above - USD 190 per person
STARTING FROM $213 PER PERSON IN A GROUP TREK
We use equipment of international standards & our guides are trained in First aid & personal protection equipment
We reward our staff based on your feedback & that results in all of us working towards making your trip memorable
Our guides are trained to pay attention to each clients requirements & situation & customize the program accordingly
Once a tour is booked, its guaranteed to go, even if there is only single client for the entire trip
Book by paying advance by card on our website. Balance can be paid upon arrival, before the tour
Our minimum requirement for operation is only one client. So we can offer the tour any day of the year for you
"I booked my 8 Day hike of Mt Kilimanjaro with Monkey Adventures, summiting in October. I highly reccommend Monkey Adventures. During the booking process they responded quickly to all my questions,......"
Sharon SRead Full Review
"The crew was amazing, the food was great and abundant and compatible with our needs (eg. Vegetarian options). Most importantly, the guides kept on supporting and motivating our whole group of 8......"
MelissaRead Full Review
Amazing and Fun Experience!
"I had the chance to reach the top of Africa via Machame with Monkey Adventures. I was amazed by the service and ths support they provided. Everything was clearly explained from the first briefing......."
ThomasRead Full Review
Trip of a life time!
"I couldn’t have chosen better!This whole experience was more than amazing. As a single female traveler, I was a little nervous about traveling to Tanzania by myself, going to Kilimanjaro and a......"
Isabelle shawRead Full Review
"The trip was very well organised, the tents, food and rental equipment were first class. But most importantly, the guides and the porters who accompanied us on our trip were simply amazing. I have......"
Nadja NRead Full Review
Great, reliable and safe
"From the outset of booking to the trip itself, everything was very smooth and professional. The company were very flexible with the fact that I was unsure if I wanted to do 6 or 7 days and......"
Annabel LRead Full Review
"Organising the trip prior to arrival Monkey Adventures was very professional and quick to answer any questions. The trip itself was an amazing experience I will never forget. They were very......"
Jacob BuusRead Full Review
"6 of us ladies went on the 7 day Lemosho route with guides Dennis and Nasri. Dennis’s team was INCREDIBLE! All of the porters, guides, and cooks were so accommodating, they went above and beyond......"