Located on the south-western end of Tarangire national park within Burunge wildlife management area, a place where animals are often seen crossing in search of Tarangire river, the landscape is filled with African bush, towering termite mounds and baobab trees. The lodge offers good views of the park from the rooms' long, wide windows, while also overlooking the outdoor swimming pool.
In addition to park fees of Tarangire national park, a statutory fees (WMA fees) of $29.5 per person per night will be applicable for staying at this accommodation.
The lodge is located outside Tarangire national park in the Burunge wilderness area, 1 hour 45 minutes from the main gate.
Staying at Osupuko Lodge
There are a total of 12 rooms consisting of singles, doubles, and triples. The rooms are categorized as standard, deluxe and executive suites.
There are a total of 12 rooms with en-suite facilities. The rooms reflect Maasai culture with a mix of modern comfort. They are spacious with aesthetic decor, handcrafted furniture and clean bathrooms with hot/cold showers and flushing toilets. The beds are comfortable as noted by most clients. Every room has a patio with chairs and a table. The glass windows offer a good view of wildlife walking right in front and there is a private balcony with good seating arrangements.
The lodge offers good views of Tarangire valley in front, from the rooms as well as the swimming pool. Wildlife species such as elephants and giraffes can be seen crossing over. They can be heard during the day as well as the night.
Surrounding wilderness level
Good - You are in the middle of wilderness and have wildlife coming very close to the lodge and you might get to see wildlife from your rooms and most likely you can hear wildlife through the night.
Food (based on clients feedback)
The food is delicious according to the feedback of most clients. The breakfast and dinner by the pool is much loved by the guests.
- Wi-Fi in common area(s)
- Swimming Pool with good views
- Open-air Bar and Lounge area
- Daily housekeeping
- 24*7 front desk
- Wedding arrangements
- Private sundowner
- Night game drives in WMA
Watch out for
- You might find bugs and mosquitoes. Bug sprays are provided. Please carry repellent creams for your protection.
- It is an active wildlife area. The Maasai will be standing guard at all times and will accompany you to places. Do not try to go out on your own post dark.
- Rooms can get hot. The electricity runs only at fixed times.
Location on map
Drive time from points of interest
- From Tarangire main entrance gate - 1 hr 45 min
- From Lake Manyara gate - 2 hr 45 min
- From Karatu - 3 hr 30 min
- From Ngorongoro gate (lodoare) - 3 hr 50 min
- From Ngorongoro crater floor - 4 hr 30 min
- From Arusha city center - 4 hr
- From Kilimanjaro airport - 5 hr
- From Serengeti gate (Naabi hill) - 5 hr 45 min
- From Central Serengeti (Seronera) - 6 hr 45 min
We use equipment of international standards & our guides are trained in First aid & personal protection equipment
We reward our staff based on your feedback & that results in all of us working towards making your trip memorable
Our guides are trained to pay attention to each clients requirements & situation & customize the program accordingly
Once a tour is booked, its guaranteed to go, even if there is only single client for the entire trip
Book by paying advance by card on our website. Balance can be paid upon arrival, before the tour
Our minimum requirement for operation is only one client. So we can offer the tour any day of the year for you