What are the essentials required for Mt. Kilimanjaro climb?
Here are the list of essentials required for the Kilimanjaro trek. Most of it can be purchased or rented at Moshi. Renting would cost anywhere between USD 100 to 200 depending on what you are renting.
- Spare batteries for camera, headlamp
- Face cloth
- Toilet paper
Summit gear (wear on summit night)
- Gore-Tex, Microtex or K-Tech Trilaminate jacket
- Gore-Tex, Microtex or K-Tech pants
- Fleece jacket
- Fleece gloves or Themal glove liners (use as inner for Gore-Tex mittens)
- Fleece balaclava or Thermal balaclava
- Thermal top
- Thermal long johns
- Thermal socks
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- Head torch
- Thermal flask
Trekking gear (wear between camps)
- Rain suit or poncho (mainly used in the rain forest)
- Hiking boots or cross trainers
- Short pants
- Tracksuit pants
- Sun hat (peak caps do not offer enough protection)
- Woolen socks
- Fleece beanie
- Water bottles
General gear & equipment
- Waterproof Day Pack (20L to 40L, carried by the trekker)
- Waterproof Duffel Bag or Waterproof Backpack (60L to 100L, carried by the porter, max 15kgs)
- Walking stick (adjustable)
- Sleeping Bag (Comfort Rating of -5° celsius)
- Altitude sickness
- Cold and flu
- Muscular sprains
All this gear and more can be rented from our rental gear partners.
- Photos of Equipment on Kilimanjaro Trek
- Park Fees for Kilimanjaro Trek (2020)
- Safety on Kilimanjaro
- What currencies are accepted for balance payments in Tanzania?
- Paying the balance amount for your Kilimanjaro trek
- Where to stay in Moshi?
- How to pay the deposit?
- Why are your prices for Mt. Kilimanjaro trek so low?
- How to get to Moshi?
- Food Menu for Mt. Kilimanjaro Trek
- When does the trek start?
- How many days of trekking should I choose?
- Tipping Guidelines for Mt. Kilimanjaro Trek
- Vegetarian Menu on Kilimanjaro
- How much weight can the porters carry?
- Vegan Menu
- Briefing before Kilimanjaro Trek
- Safety of Valuables on Kilimanjaro
- Recommended items to be packed for a Safari
- Tipping Guidelines for Safaris
- Photos of Safari Land Cruiser
- Luggage on Safari
- Information on Safari Vehicle
- Information on Game Drives
- Categories of Safari Accomodations
- Briefing before the Safari
- Plastic bags are banned in Tanzania
- Paying the balance amount for your Safari in Tanzania
- What is a Sundowner?
- Information on Safari Accommodations
- Safety of Valuables on Safari
- Information on Visa for East Africa